Wednesday, October 8, 2008

still listening


to follow up on the ACEO that i made several days ago (you can read about that here), this is a small lettering piece done on turquoise canson paper.  the lettering was made using dr. martin's bleedproof, along with my favorite pointed calligraphy nib that's been used so much, that i can no longer read the brand name!  the heart was cut from a piece of paste paper that i've "distressed" and sewn a large "X" using fuchsia cotton thread.  i like the way this turned out, but i'm thinking about doing it again using different letterforms and different colors.  i also have several book projects rolling around in my head, so we'll see where re-doing this project falls on my priority list...my intentions are good, anyway!   click on photo for larger image

1 comment:

Martha Lever said...

I really love this one. I would love to see it is person. Keep lettering! I need to do that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...