Wednesday, May 26, 2010

scRappy journal cover finale

the scrappiness continues.....are you getting tired of orange and yellow, yet?!! to finish the inside covers of my new journal, i used the same acrylic paints as for the outside covers (i used golden quinacridone gold and quinacridone burnt orange). on the front inside cover, i decided to paint a circle right in the middle of the page.....


and when the paint was dry, i went back and turned the circle into a doodle-flower using my favorite white pen......i like the idea of adding a "custom bookplate" to this journal!


and for the inside back cover, i used the same paints, but this time i painted a rectangle down at the bottom of the paper.....


and added a little message using my white pen.
now to start working on all of those yummy pages inside!

i've had such a good time creating this little journal......thanks SO much for joining me in the process! and i always, always, always thank you for your very sweet and encouraging comments!!! xoxo


20 comments:

LR said...

it has been fun following the process and seeing your creativity at play.

Jane Farr said...

Wonderfully, happy journal Lori! Thanks for sharing you favorite white pen! :)

Kelly Warren said...

oh lori! i love this! what kind of white pen do you use? it just looks so vivid and juicy!

Kelly Warren said...

okay, ignore my blonde moment...i shall now click on the link. :-)

aimee said...

love the happy lori flower!

Anonymous said...

i love paper art...and making journals , then filling them is one of my greatest passions!

well done...and no. there is no way i'm tired of your creativity...

i feed off of it!
do people get tired of food ever?
lol

ciao bella
creatove carmelina

Tara said...

I am lovin that Lori! You are just so creative. AND by the way....my sister loved her gift you made. Yesterday was her 55th. She was born on 5-25-1955. We had a great celebration!
Hugs,
Tara

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

I adore this orange and yellow personalized journal, lori!!! My journal love is so great, in fact, that I think this is better than...chocolate. Yep. Oh my.

Pat said...

What a perfect summertime journal. The color scheme reminds me of you--bright and sunny! Who could ever get tired of that?

Butterfly Works said...

I love this journal; and I have loved watching the steps you've taken to create it....such inspiration you are.....
Hugs and Blessings

PrairiePeasant said...

I love all the little touches!

Dawn said...

beautiful!

Martha Lever said...

This turned out so great, Lori and I love your doodles. And you know I am into that great orange color right now. I am off to painting class tomorrow and...I hope I paint something! :))

Beedeebabee said...

Oh Lori, the insides are just as pretty as the outsides! Your white marker really highlights your adorable doodles just perfectly! I love this!!! xoxo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jancalligrapher said...

HI, Lori, LOVE your journal, it just keeps getting better and better.

Lauren Maurer said...

I love this and the orange is so very cheerful! :)

chrissy said...

never never never sick of ORANGE.
it.s my favorite.
i LOVE how you added the white to it.
makes it POP!
thanks for sharing your favorite white pen of choice and helping us find it as well.
i think it.s so great when folks like you are kind and share their secrets with their friends...
happy thursday my dearie..
xo
c

Patty S said...

i scrolled through all your new journal posts - BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
i love the colors and of course i LOVE your doodles!
i am going to have to get one of those pens. i love the look of white on things.... i often wish my printer would print white!
tfs your pretties!
xo, patty :-)

rachel awes said...

orangeilicious LOVE!!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...