Wednesday, May 11, 2011

color drop happiness


i am totally convinced that there's no better play than art-day-with-your-girlfriends play.   and play is exactly what my sweet girlfriends martha, rynda, denice and terrye did yesterday.......in a color-drop flower kind of way!  martha showed us how to paint her adorable little color-drop flowers.....



then, after our lunch break (which was really just an excuse to eat some chocolate), we painted up some poppies!! 




  and the really great news is that you can learn how to paint her color-drop flowers, too!   martha is an absolutely fabulous teacher......i really think you'll fall in love with her easy southern style just like i have!!

thank you martha for a spectacular day......you've made me feel like a painter!!  xo

you can read more information about the color-drop flower class here!
p.s.  a little birdie told me there might be a poppy class in the future.....stay tuned!!



20 comments:

Unknown said...

These are really, really wonderful. I was wondering for a moment if Martha had taken over your blog- love seeing this technique here and your "spin" on it!!

Rosie Grey said...

These look adorable!

Marie aka Grams said...

Your color drop flowers are exquisite. I think I was the first to sign up for her class. You're so lucky to have each other. I'm jealous.

Laura Bolter said...

I love these and I'm signed up for the class! Can't wait! The two of you together must be a whirlwind of creativity!

Janie Husband said...

they are beautiful, lori....i want to play with martha...lol....as a matter of fact i will be because i am taking her class... ;).

Mary said...

I want to come play too!!!

Eden said...

Wow! These are excellent and I can see you learn well from your teacher!! I love the paper you used or is it that you've embellished the background? Either way, sure is pretty!! I'd like to eat at that restaurant for lunch :D

Martha Lever said...

What a fun time we had!!! Your flowers are wonderful with that precious "Lori" twist!!!! OXOX

Jessie May said...

Your poppies are AMAZING!! Very striking indeed.

Trish said...

I love that after I visit your blog, I always feel like playing in my sketchbook ;)

Pat said...

These are spectacular! You ARE a painter.

Melissa Bolton said...

I LOVE THE FLOWERS! {love, love them}

Cynthia Schelzig said...

They look great...what a fun day you all had.

Claire M said...

Oh so fun to see your flowers. I'm already signed up for Martha's color drop flowers and I'm excited about it!! But, I'd also be thrilled to take a poppy class!!

K said...

Beautiful!

Isabel said...

How fun! They are all gorgeous:O) Will def check out marthas class:O)

Anonymous said...

Your work is so beautiful! I love your blog ... so glad I found it. I look forward to your future posts!
~:D

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I'm taking the class ans am soooo jazzed! Your flowers are sooo pretty and of course, your lettering is to PINE for!!!!

Createology said...

I always love the way Martha paints, especially her beautiful flowers. When I clicked on your blog I thought I was in Martha's blog with those beautiful flowers you have painted (color dropped). Great way to spend the day...with friends and art and chocolate. Happy relaxing weekend to you...

teri said...

I love Martha's classes. So funny that I had JUST signed up for the color drop class this morning before reading your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...